The positive change in my life would not have been easy without personal discipline, education, mentors, and good employers/managers. I studied the ACCA & MBA through self-studies while all the CPD mentioned below were self-sponsored. My employers have sent me on more than a hundred internal and external learning & development programs since 2003 to date.
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Business School, MBA Finance
- Oxford Brookes University, UK Bsc (Hons) in Applied Accounting
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
I am a member of several reputable institutions and bodies where I network and learn.
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountant
- Member, Institute of Directors, London
- Fellow Institute of Credit Administration
- Member, Writers Association of the Gambia
- Member, Finance Leadership Forum
- Member, Toastmasters International
Continuous Personal Development (CPD)
Some of the executive education programs I recently completed are mentioned below:
- Succeeding as a Strategic CFO – Harvard Business School
- Leadership and Management Certificate – Wharton School
- Certificate in KPIs for Ports & Terminals – Llyod’s Maritime Academy
- IBM Data Science including Python – IBM
- Business Statistics and Analysis – Rice University
- Certified Islamic Finance Executive (CIFE) by Ethica Dubai
Additionally, I use many useful resources to learn daily. You can find some of the resources through this link.